Palm inhalation is the simple yet impactful act of receiving scent from your hands.
This aromatherapeutic technique is often employed as a transformative tool for self-soothing, as the sense of smell has a direct pathway to the limbic system, the part of our brain that governs emotion, memory, and motivation. The physical and psychological effects of inhalation — versus skin absorption – are nearly instant. In esoteric dialogue, the hands are an extension of the heart, so unlike a perfume that is often worn for the pleasure of others, palm inhalation is an authentic form of self-care.
How to Practice:
- Select a scent that supports your intention. If you’re looking to de-stress and ground, Moon was formulated for this very purpose. Peppermint boosts energy while clary sage is a natural anti-depressant and regardless of the oil or blend you choose, we highly encourage opting for pure over synthetic as the therapeutic benefits will greatly outweigh the savings in price.
- Apply 1-2 drops to the palm of your hands.
- Rub hands together vigorously, aerating the blend.
- Cup palms in front of your face. It is important that you don’t make contact, especially with the eyes, and hover the hands like a mask instead.
- Inhale fully. Remove your hands.
- Exhale completely. And repeat as desired.