Palm inhalation is the simple yet impactful act of receiving scent from your hands.
This aromatherapeutic technique is often employed as a transformative tool for self-soothing, as the sense of smell has a direct pathway to the limbic system, the part of our brain that governs emotion, memory, and motivation. The physical and psychological effects of inhalation — versus skin absorption – are nearly instant. In esoteric dialogue, the hands are an extension of the heart, so unlike a perfume that is often worn for the pleasure of others, palm inhalation is an authentic form of self-care.
How to Practice:
- Select a scent that supports your intention. We use Moon before bed, Sun when we need energy, and Earth to ground.
- Apply 1-2 drops to the palm of your hands.
- Rub hands together, activating the blend by way of the natural oils on your skin.
- Cup palms in front of your face without making contact.
- Inhale deeply.
- Remove your hands to exhale freely.
- Repeat as desired.